Up until the start of this year, I had absolutely no idea how to go about starting an Online Business. I didn’t have any products to sell or really have any business ‘ideas’.
What I did have though were a few essential prerequisites:
A desire to learn
I knew I wanted to expand my knowledge and develop skills that would enable me to feel more accomplished and satisfied in my career. I understood that all the skills I had mastered up until now, I once had to learn from scratch and over time I became an expert in my field. Learning how to create an Online Business is no different, although I had no previous knowledge or experience online I did have the ability to learn and master the skills required through education and training.
A willingness to consistently work at it
Any reasonable person knows that there is no ‘easy’ or ‘lazy’ path to success. You must be willing to work and have a drive to succeed. Although I had remained part time since returning to work after having my daughter, it wasn’t through not wanting to work but rather not wanting to be constricted by the Monday to Friday, 9-5 routine that lacked flexibility. I was prepared to do whatever it would take as long as I had the freedom to spend time with my daughter, family, and friends and could make it fit within my desired lifestyle.
An ability to invest in my Online Business and Education
As with any traditional business or education, there are costs involved with starting online. The beauty of an Online Business however it that the start up cost is low in comparison to a traditional brick and mortar style business. To start an Online Business you essentially need a laptop or computer and an internet connection. From there how much you spend is entirely up to you and your budget. Although I had a limited budget, I was prepared to invest whatever I could afford as I knew it was an ‘investment’ in my future. As with any type of investment, the more you are able to invest the greater and faster your initial return has the potential to be.
There are an ever growing number of reasons as to why it makes sense to learn the skills required to create an Online Business. For me I primarily wanted to update my skill set to be current and relevant within today’s economic trends, I wanted to ensure I had income security and the ability to live a lifestyle that suited my needs.
When looking to broaden your knowledge it is important to think ahead. What skills will society have a growing demand for in years to come? How can you develop your own personal strengths and increase your value to society?
How can you become an expert at providing solutions to people that will continue to be in demand now and well into the future? Where are increasing numbers of people looking to find these solutions?
You got it, more and more people are turning to the internet for their everyday needs. Whether it’s for banking, shopping, sourcing information or education, people are getting online to search for and buy whatever it is they require.
You can safely say that this trend is not about to end anytime soon and current predictions suggest that there will come a time when creating your income online will be the ‘normal’ thing to do.
Are you familiar with the ancient Chines Proverb ‘The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the second best time is now’?
Those who are savvy enough to start now will still be way ahead of the pack and will gain tremendous benefits by claiming their own piece of Digital Real Estate ahead of the crowds.
OK, so we’ve covered off the basics of how and why, so what else do you need to start an Online Business?
Let’s go through a bit of a checklist:
- Desire to learn
- Willingness to put in some hard work and effort
- An ability to invest in your business and education.
- Laptop or computer and internet connection
- Education – As I mentioned earlier, starting an Online Business means learning a whole new set of skills. This may seem daunting at first but remember, the internet is designed for all to access and for the most part the internet is user friendly. Any hurdles you do encounter can be overcome with help that is readily accessible online by conducting a search of what you need to know.
- Website – Your website is your store front. It’s where you send people to find you and whatever it is you have to offer. Your website is where you want people to get to know you and your business and see what sets you apart from the rest.
- Products or Services – Anyone can market their own business, products or services online. The internet enables you to reach up to 2.5 billion people who are currently connected globally. The wonderful thing about an Online Business though is that you can get started quickly and easily by becoming an Affiliate Marketer. With nothing to produce, store or ship you simply join an Affiliate Program and promote someone else’s products by marketing them to your audience and using affiliate links to track any sales your marketing generates and then receive a commission for those sales. Check out my previous article ‘What is Affiliate Marketing?’ for more information.
- Mentors – Regardless of the type of business you startup, having access to a mentor is considered essential for your business success. Tapping into the knowledge, wisdom, experience and guidance of someone who has already been successful in creating and running a business can save you tonnes of time and money and therefore make the critical difference between your success and failure.
- Support – Being supported in life is essential to your success and happiness. Humans are social creatures and we thrive when we are surrounded by people who understand and care for us.When things get tough, and believe me at times they will, you need to be able to talk to someone who understands what you are going through.When you take that leap into to Digital world with an Online Business, you may find that not many of your close friends or family really understand what it is you’re doing. After all you are essentially a pioneer of the Digital Economy staking your claim where others are yet game to tread! Finding a support network is crucial. Talking to others that have similar goals and challenges, who ‘get’ what it is you are doing helps to keep you on track and resist the urge to quit when things seem a little tough.
All of the points I have mentioned in this checklist are readily available if you know where to look and have the time and money to spend searching and experimenting through trial and error.
I was lucky enough to discover the Six Figure Mentors and Digital Experts Academy founded by Online Entrepreneurs and self made millionaires Stuart Ross and Jay Kubassek, and invested in their proven Digital Online Business System.
After watching their Free 7 Day Video series I came to understand how it was possible to gain access to everything you need to start a profitable Online Business in one easy to use package. I then went on to make an application for a small, no risk fee and as they say the rest is history!
I’m certainly not claiming that I’ve instantly created a Six Figure Income (yet) however I do have all the foundations including training, education, website and tools, community support and mentorship all at my fingertips and I know that I’m setting my daughter and I up for a secure future with the ability to create a lifestyle to suit our growing needs. I am building an ever expanding list of subscribers that I can market to and I still remember the excitement I felt when I received my first email from Stuart personally telling me I had made my first sale!
As a member of the Six Figure Mentors you not only invest in an Online Business but an education that will ensure you have skills you can rely on for the rest of your life. Joining their exclusive community has meant that I now have friends all over the globe who are more than happy to help and support me and that I can also have the satisfaction of offering my help and support to in return.
I managed to create my own Online Business as a single mum while working a part time job 4 days per week on a limited income with no previous experience or knowledge and so can you.
Do yourself a favour and check out the Free 7 Day Video Series as I did and learn more about how you can create an Online Business and lifestyle that you love with skills that can ensure you and your family have the future security that you truly desire.
If you have found this information helpful and you know others that would benefit from reading this article, please feel free to share it with them by using the share buttons below.
Here’s to your Online Business success!